The kids are out of school, the days are longer, the water is warmer, and everyone is excited for another fun-filled summer in the Florida sunshine. Whether it’s an intimate backyard gathering or big BBQ bash, a pool party is a summer must-have. You don’t need a luxury-style backyard to host the perfect pool party, only an awesome theme, delicious food, and a few things to make your party the stuff of legend. Here are some tips for turning your pool into the ultimate party spot this summer:
- Invite your friends early: Even though summer is the time to relax, people tend to have a lot of social commitments going on. Tell your guests about your party a few weeks in advance so that they can put it on their calendar.
- Have extra lighting for when the sun goes down: Your normal pool and patio lighting may not be enough to for a party. Hang some extra string lights or add pathway lighting to add to the ambiance and keep the fun going after sunset.
- Pick a theme and decorate: The best parties have great decorations. Whether your party is a tiki luau, patriotic bash, pirate picnic, or under the sea celebration, choosing a few decorations is a simple way to entertain your guests.
- Don’t let your guests go hungry: From watermelon to s’mores and burgers to potato salad, it’s best to have some classic dishes to keep your friends full. Make sure to have plenty of water to keep everyone hydrated in the summer sun too!
- Put together the ultimate playlist: Pick some of your favorite songs to set the mood. From classic rock to fun beach tunes, the music at your party is a great way to get your guests excited.
- Keep the kids safe: Make sure to have established pool rules and someone to keep an eye on the kids in the pool at all times. Don’t skip the sunscreen either!
If you’re looking to make your backyard the ultimate pool party spot, Aqua Blue Pools is here to help. From LED lighting to water features and unique tiles to aqua gems, our team can install the upgrades and features to transform your backyard into your dream paradise. To get started or to learn more, contact us today!