So you’ve just built your dream pool. It’s perfect, it has every feature you could have dreamed of, and your family has been jumping in nonstop. While you probably thought about how you would like every detail of your pool, you may have forgotten about how to decorate your new poolside area. Now that the construction is complete and you’re able to truly enjoy your pool, it’s time to give your backyard the perfect finishing touches. Here are a few tips:
- Invest in furniture: Now that you have your dream pool, you’re going to need some comfortable furniture to enjoy it. Lounge chairs, an outdoor tableset, and a funky daybed are all great accessories to have when you want to soak up the sun poolside.
- Don’t forget the landscaping: Your new pool will look pretty bare without some landscaping to make it pop. Consider plants and flowers that compliment your pool design and that won’t cause a mess in your new pool filter.
- Late night lighting: While you probably added some LED lights to your pool design, having a few more light features in your backyard will make it the perfect place to relax when the sun goes down. Consider stringing some fun hanging lights or adding some lanterns along the walkways so you can enjoy your backyard day or night.
- Add some color: Colors are a great way to decorate for the season or to just give your backyard some extra pizazz. Throw pillows, outdoor rugs, pool cushions, and umbrellas are all great ways to add a pop of color to your backyard. Pillows and throw blankets can be easily replaced to decorate for an upcoming holiday!
- Pool float fun: Who doesn’t enjoy floating in the pool? Investing in a few comfortable pool floats is a great way to enjoy your pool, but it can also add some extra decoration to your backyard. Whether you choose a funky colored float or a blow-up whale to throw in your pool, they’re both fun to use and look great too.
- Install a fire pit: Whether you choose to build an in-ground fire pit or add an above-ground one, there’s nothing better than enjoying s’mores by the fire. As the weather gets cooler, having a fire pit is a great way to enjoy your backyard ambiance and time with friends and family.
- Consider adding music: A nice sound system for your backyard is a great way to set a mood. Whether you’re hosting a BBQ or enjoying a relaxing date night, having the right music playing can help take it to the next level.
- Get shady: Here in the Sunshine State, it never hurts to have some extra shade to escape the sun. A big umbrella or pergola will make a great addition to your backyard and also give you a cool place to relax.
- Don’t forget the toys: Adding a basketball hoop, volleyball net, or other pool toy is a great way to transform your relaxing pool into a fun family gameday.
- Make it your own: Putting your own personal touch on your backyard is what will help make it complete. Whether you choose to add a personalized family pool sign, tiki, or garden feature, it’s the personalized features of your backyard that you’ll love the most.
As your Melbourne pool builder, we’re here to help you design the pool you’ve always dreamed of. Give us a call to get started today!