While you’re enjoying your backyard paradise, did you realize you’re also burning calories, improving your mood, and strengthening your heart? Swimming has many physical and emotional benefits that will have you jumping in every spare second. Anyone from grandma to the kiddos can have fun in the pool and reap the benefits of taking a dip. Here are some benefits to swimming that will leave you loving your Aqua Blue pool even more:
- Build muscle: Swimming is one of the few workouts that utilizes your whole body for a full aerobic exercise. Muscles throughout your legs, back, core, and arms all work to keep you going strong. You could be looking like Michael Phelps in no time!
- Stretch out: The strokes you take when you swim require a lot of twisting, stretching, and reaching that will help to keep you flexible as you build muscle.
- Strengthen your heart: The cardiovascular benefits to swimming reduces inflammation, is great for your heart, and preventative against diseases.
- Burn calories: Swimming burns as much, if not more calories than running. Plus, you don’t have to feel the sweat dripping down your face!
- Reduce stress: The aerobic demands of swimming cause a big endorphin rush that helps boost your mood while the meditative breathing rhythm that’s required helps to focus and relax your mind.
- Lengthen your life: While general exercise and an active lifestyle improves your health, research has shown that those who swim have longer life spans than runners and walkers.
As your Melbourne pool builder, we care about creating an awesome environment that can help you and your family stay healthy and active. Not only is splashing in the pool a fun way to soak up the Florida sun, it’s a great way to take care of your mind and body right in your own backyard oasis. So throw on the bathing suit, swim some laps, and get ready to break a sweat! And if you’re not already enjoying a custom Aqua Blue pool, give us a call today and get started with a local, quality Melbourne pool builder.